Need a LARGER Picture?

IF AT ANY TIME YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE THE PICTURES AS CLEAR AS YOU WANT, NO WORRIES!

JUST CLICK ONTO THE PICTURE, A POP-UP WINDOW WILL APPEAR WITH A LARGER PICTURE. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THE "PICTURE" FOR THE "X" AND CLICK ONTO THAT.

YOU WILL COME BACK AT OUR BLOG WHERE YOU LEFT OFF.
ENJOY!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

See what's new!

This past April, my PC made us a beautiful spice rack.  Except it just wasn't as perfect as I would have liked.
Now it is!  Can you see the different?  Here is a shortcut for you to go back to the April Posting when it was first done.  Just click onto this link:  Spice Rack April 2011  After you see the difference, be sure to hit your back arrow to come back to this current posting because there is more to share!  See soon.




We have a pet!  
Yes, we do.  You are probably saying that we said we would not have a pet until much later in our lives, but we changed our mind.  This is the perfect pet and it has been around for some time so we decided to keep it since it appears to love us just as much as we love it.  The beauty about our wonderful pet is, it is self efficient with all of its needs, doesn't create any mess for us to clean up and in fact, it cleans up for us!
Meet Mr. Lizard
He eats all of our unwanted bugs and we do believe he has a family that lives all around our home too.  We have many terrific pets now that are welcomed at our home.  Yea!  Woo-hoo!  We are officially pet owners!
Another great reason for having these great pets are we have no allergies with them.  So cute!
We have had a freeze this past several days (a little more than a week ago actually) and we even had our mountains topped with snow!  Our temperatures went as low as 26º for three days in a row.  This is the results of the freeze.
An UGLY and most likely now DEAD GARDEN!  Oh well, it was a tough growing season this year for everything.  The corn didn't mature, the purchased tomato plant came back to life three times and the two plants from seeds finally started to grow until the freeze and then let's just say it is a funeral in the making.  Great green onions, okay basil, Thai Basil never did make it, our mint plant thrived and that is the one that was in our home months before we decided to take it outside to plant into the garden - surprise it is doing good.  I planted seeds of mint that never really did much of anything and you can barely see a sprig or two that must have blown out of the patch of mint I planted.  See, it was a crazy growing season!  The hot pepper plants from seeds, well let's just say we are not having any salsa or dried peppers this year.  We achieved having immature plants only.  The carrots are a lot fewer than what I planted but they look great.  I'm not too sure exactly when we will pick those three or four carrots out of the garden yet.  And the iceberg lettuce didn't grow like it was supposed to grow!  I'm still waiting to see the center of the plant for the lettuce.  They all grew up tall with no round lettuce to pick like the seed package said.  I'm so bummed.  Oh well, it was a chance this year to grow a garden and we knew it.

I think I will try to transplant the mint back into a pot and bring it back into our home really soon.  Stay tune to what might happen or not.

Now this was a huge surprise for us to see after several days of freezing temperatures and tons of rain these past few weeks!
Our "Winter" flowers are popping up now! 

It is just so pretty and again a huge surprise for me!
You see, once again I accidentally went out during one of our weed-picking days and picked (I thought) weeds out of this area.  When I realized, oops those are not all weeds, I planted them back the best I could.  


I sure hope I planted more than just these pretty yellow flowers back into this area.  Only time will tell during our winter season if all of the white, purple and pink flowers will return, or not! 

Thanks for visiting and come again.

No comments: