Need a LARGER Picture?

IF AT ANY TIME YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE THE PICTURES AS CLEAR AS YOU WANT, NO WORRIES!

JUST CLICK ONTO THE PICTURE, A POP-UP WINDOW WILL APPEAR WITH A LARGER PICTURE. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THE "PICTURE" FOR THE "X" AND CLICK ONTO THAT.

YOU WILL COME BACK AT OUR BLOG WHERE YOU LEFT OFF.
ENJOY!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Garden Treats and no frozen pipes for us!

We were amazed that we actually are able to salvage some of our vegetables from the garden this season.  It has been a very short season with more cold days than warm sunny growing days.  Above are our hot pepper plants from seed and you can see the lack of hot peppers.

I picked all that I was able to grab that were there.  Not as much as years' before but we are going to be happy with what we have!

These were the Habanero peppers, hmmm so sad.
It was just to chili (chilly) for the peppers!
Yep, that is all we produced, those two very small and immature habanero peppers!



What is surprising were and ARE the green onions!  They are still "growing" strong and we decided what the heck, let's see what happens if we keep some in the garden for next year's season. 

We did pick a lot of the onions.  So many that we were able to share with several of our neighbors.   We placed them on our picnic table under the mulberry tree so you can see just how beautiful they are.  Good looking and they are great tasting too!


And now the things that just didn't make it because of the season or the freeze or just because...
The bright green stuff is supposed to be iceberg lettuce except the lettuce never
came in, just those very tall leaves.
Once again, (previous posting) the freeze killed our basil and most of the tomatoes.

We did a lot on this day, so stay with us and continue to read and see the pictures below.  We prepared our garden and yard for winter by blowing out the pipes of our sprinkler system.

PC brought out the compressor and hooked up the air hose to the main water connection.
While he hooked it up, I went to each station and opened up the water lines with the exception of the sprinklers.  PC blew all the water out and now we are safe for the winter season!  Being prepared so we will not have frozen pipes, been there, done that and hopefully never ever again!


Check out just how one day to another changes the look of our trees.  The colors are vibrant and continuing to change each day.



The mountain maple tree is starting to change colors too!

Now that we have the water situation taken care of, I was able to smile at my honey and request him to help me once again in the garden.




Carrots!

They sure are deep in that soil.

I am not able pull those carrots out!
Honey Bunny, I need your help, please!


PC was able to get them loose and I pulled them out!

While I had my PC with me (again in the garden), I had him help me get the mint plant (originally this was the plant that was inside the house and then I transplanted it to the garden) and now it is back into the house.  Plus I had him dig up a couple of smaller mint plants for me too (those came from seeds).
Mint in the house once again for the winter months!


Carrots and peppers!



Clean carrots in the sink!
All ready to eat and enjoy, yummy!



PC a terrific dinner for us this very busy day.  He made Tangerine Beef topped with our beautiful green onions along with jasmine rice and I made the fresh steamed carrots from our garden.

A great day that ended up with a delicious dinner and lovely evening.




Oh, let's not forget one more very important activity we did!!!!
Slow, very slow roasted peppers!
These hot slow roasted peppers are all done and will be put into a container tomorrow morning.
They will be joining all of the spices on the Spice Rack my PC made for us!

Thanks for visiting us today.  Be sure to come back REALLY SOON to see what other things we've been doing!

No comments: