Need a LARGER Picture?

IF AT ANY TIME YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE THE PICTURES AS CLEAR AS YOU WANT, NO WORRIES!

JUST CLICK ONTO THE PICTURE, A POP-UP WINDOW WILL APPEAR WITH A LARGER PICTURE. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THE "PICTURE" FOR THE "X" AND CLICK ONTO THAT.

YOU WILL COME BACK AT OUR BLOG WHERE YOU LEFT OFF.
ENJOY!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not a smooth road all the time

Guess who is driving today?  It is PC's turn to drive today and it is a gorgeous day to be driving!





The sky is blue with puffy white clouds and the traffic is looking good.

We are on our way to Lake Charles, Louisiana and the drive is a beautiful. 




Wow!  I am enjoying not driving while my PC is driving and it is going to be a long drive!

We are seeing a lot of pretty scenery.



This is our GPS and it is showing we are traveling at a speed of 64 mph, at 4:14PM heading East and our elevation is 15 feet above sea level.

Oh, I like this not driving stuff.  I've been adamant about driving because I'd rather have PC give me the directions and get us to our destination correctly and on time.


We are going the correct way and having a splendid time on the I-10, except for all of the bumps!
I should have worn a sports bra and PC should have worn some other type of support, LOL!
Bump, Bump-pity bump, bump bump bump
Hey, what in the world was that sound?  Uh-oh!  
 Bump - Bang!
Oh my, I'm so glad I wasn't driving today!  My PC handled it great and had us over on the shoulder without any further incident.

Now comes our first disagreement while we are on the road traveling!
(in other words, argument)
PC was worried about my safety and I was worried about his!  PC kept telling me to stand off to the side of the road and I said, NO!  If you are out there, I'm going to be too.  This went on for a few minutes and I'm sure people were laughing at us while we held this discussion behind the travel trailer.  It must have looked like an argument, LOL!  We settled things with a hug and a kiss then worked together.
After setting up our emergency flares and placing rocks on them so they would not blow away, we pulled out everything we needed to change the front left travel trailer tire.
My PC is so smart!  He parked the travel trailer on the edge of the shoulder so it would lean towards the right.  I placed the wood under the back tire while he drove back onto the wood, then he put the jack under the trailer.
(Sorry, I didn't take the picture until the spare was on.)





PC taking off the shredded tire.

I tried but I wasn't strong enough.


PC putting on the spare tire!
My Hero!!!


I was able to help place the shredded tire on the back of the trailer.  It was not that heavy and it does take two people (at least that is what my PC says - he is right and knows the right things to say!).

We made it to Louisiana just fine.  We decided not to go any further than where we stopped.  We didn't want to take any chances not having a spare tire for the trailer.

By the way, I made a huge mistake about where we were supposed to go, yep, I did.  The place I wanted to go to was nowhere even close to us.  I got Lake Charles and Shreveport mixed up with each other, oops. Tomorrow is my PC birthday and I wanted it to be at a nice day at a casino with entertainment and by the water.  That is what I read on the website and it was pretty and romantic!  We weren't even close to being there. 

When I finally gave up and got over my huge mistake on getting us thoroughly lost but not before I was stamping my feet and saying how could I do this!, my PC made it all better.  Remember, why I drive and have my PC be the navigator!!!

PC has the best internal GPS in his head and wanted to make this day and night to turn out right.  So I got back into the driver's seat so my PC would navigate us to a resting spot.  He did find a casino to stay at for the night by the water!

We had a lovely dinner at the hotel restaurant which was pretty darn late by the time we arrived, about 10PM.  They had a special, all the prime rib you can eat with the sides: salad, choice of potato, vegetable and dessert.  All of that for only $20.00 each.

Oh my, Prime Rib - I like it but I don't normally eat it and if I do, it is not much.  I sure did surprise myself and PC and the restaurant personnel.  I had two, that is right, 2 prime ribs!  (Is this the meaning of stress eating?)  PC only had one.  The prime rib was not a little portion size either and it was really tasty!

We told the waiter how our day was and he brought the manager over and told him about our day.  There were not too many people in the restaurant at that time.  We had the best service with really nice people!

Neither of us could eat the dessert and turned it down.  They wanted us to have it so they packaged it up for us to take to the trailer.  We enjoyed ourselves at this casino resort.  The hotel was lovely and we decided not to gamble.  After walking off my dinner with my darling at my side the whole time, we went to our trailer where I was able to back the trailer into an end spot overlooking the water.  It was a pretty place for the night but not what I planned originally.  We passed out and slept! (Is this the meaning of stress release?)

More stories and pictures on the way! 

No comments: