Today we are celebrating my PC's 69th Birthday!
This is how we celebrated:
Woke up, did all the normal things including breakfast (is this TMI? LOL!).
Then we needed to find a tire store for spare tire to replace the shredded tire (see previous posting if you don't know the story.)
That in itself was a task that we do not want anyone to ever experience while towing a trailer. We looked up the nearest tire shop and called to make sure they were opened. They were open and the owner's directions were awful (I'm being really nice with my words here) and we had to keep calling up this shop three times for directions before we finally saw the shop!
Short story and bottom line!
The owner gave my PC such a hard time when we arrived and PC wanted to leave. The owner wanted us to back the trailer into his "little" garage stall where they do tires. We were parked in front of the shop and took up most of the store's property! I said to PC, No, step back and let me handle this, just watch! PC did.
PC went back inside to the owner to talk about the tire.
I went to the back of the trailer, I got the shredded tire off the bumper (remember, it is not as heavy when it is a shredded blown out tire) and I carried it, threw it, tried to roll it also, carrying it was easier towards the open doors of the shop!
When the owner said to PC, where is the tire, PC said, "My wife is taking care of it now."
When they saw me doing this, no exaggerations here, everyone working including the jerk of the owner who gave my PC a hard time came running over to me. It was a sight to see!
They all insisted to take the tire from me. LOL!!!! I made my point!
Ended up that I asked the nice guy who came running the fastest to me if he would please help me get the new spare onto the back of the trailer because my PC was not able to do it due to an injury. I even said we had a disagreement when the darn thing blew on the freeway, I-10 and I wouldn't let PC do it by himself. We do everything together so I know how to do it!
The nice guy said he would do the whole thing for me! He got a gracious tip from us and he tried to give it back to me first, then to PC and then to both of us and we wouldn't have it.
Why did I do this?
Because I wanted to EMBARRASS the OWNER of the SHOP and I SUCCEEDED! His employees really enjoyed what happened. The OWNER is a jerk to everyone!
The rest of the day was lunch at O'Charley's (a food-chain restaurant similar to Denny's but BETTER) and driving, driving, driving, driving!
That water sure does look close and level with us while driving and towing. Thank goodness we have a new spare tire just in case of another incident.
I'm driving with the best navigator to keep me on track!
Check out the next several pictures with great details to the numbers.
All within minutes, we are now -36 feet in elevation, that means we are under water!!!
We actually saw -68 feet in elevation, but we were too slow to take a picture. We were enjoying the charming and quaint area we were driving through.
Oh look, a bridge! We will be above the water once again.
A long day of driving that was not intended or planned. Yet, the best part of the day was we were together alone in a small space (our truck), relaxed, happy and celebrating PC's Birthday in a very different way than planned - it was fun.
We are in the South, so y'all come back, now! Thanks!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment