It might be hard to see but when you continue to scroll downward, you will understand what happened.
We had to trim the sharp edges and hope that it will recovery nicely. You know when I said "we" in that last sentence that wasn't me; right?
I do not do well on ladders! Let alone sharp things including knives and this big sharp thing was heavy!
Another area on the tree that was damaged. Really tough to get to and extremely tricky for my PC on the ladder with a buzz saw of some sort.
These are the broken branches that needed to be cut down properly and not just hanging off the tree.
Here is a close-up picture (below)
The tree is now smooth and we are hoping it will recover.
After seeing this upsetting event, I was feelin' a bit poopy myself. I just went inside the house to sit.
Since my PC is already out and about outside, he decided to finish the work on the septic tank so we continue with the septic saga story.
So here we go are ya with me?
(I was a bit late with the picture taking)
That is our wonderful friend, Frank!
He came over with his big-boy toy to help PC finish the job up!
With tractor and shovel, both boys filled in the hole and made it flat and level.
This is where I realized something was happening outside and took pictures, please read on.
Looks great to me!
So what I did not tell or TAKE pictures of because I was not feeling all that good the day before this anyway, yep, this week was a real poop of a week for me!
PC and I went into town and to pick up some steel the day before to make a cover over the culvert tube so it would NOT allow any dirt or rocks or water or anything down the hole to the septic cover.
My very talented PC went over to another terrific friend's home and welded four pieces onto the steel so when the steel is placed onto of the culvert pipe, it would not move. It is a very clever design my PC did. I'm so sorry I didn't get to take pictures of that fabulous fix. PC and our friend made it so easy so the next time we need to clean out the septic tank (10 years from now), it will be so easy to take off the cover and lift the lid off the septic tank to pump out.
Frank and PC with the help of the big-boy toy (Tractor), including some terrific muscle power of the boys, pushed that heavy 200 pounds of steel into place! It was a perfect and fabulous fit! I promise in ten years I will take a picture of it and you can see it then.
PC placed a marker on top of the septic tank temporarily until we did what we really wanted to do.
Oh so pretty!
Drum roll, taddddaaaaaa!!!!!! - whatever the noise is (use your imagination, please)
THE COMPLETED PROJECT!
Beautiful and we will always know where to look!
Thank you to Frank who was not only generous with his tractor and muscles but he saved us by giving us those heavy duty bricks. I don't know what they are called but we can drive over them with our vehicles and they should not get damaged!
The end of a huge project! Come on back real soon, now - ya hear me?


No comments:
Post a Comment