A lot has been happening with us during this busy holiday season. Actually for us, it is tons of fun being with our friends here and sad not being with our family and friends who live far far away from us.
This is what we have been doing!
Of course PC always comes first!
Homemade Gingerbread cookies just for my Prince Charming!
And now for the little glitch we experienced after the gingerbread cookies were completed. The Dimensions 2000 mixer which I purchased about 6 years ago BROKE in the middle of preparing my fun day of baking (a wannabe, wish it was a Bosch or KitchenAid mixer)!!
Now as you can see in the first picture above when I was using my hand mixer smiling because I was doing something else prior to my glitch, I have a lot of baking items all lined up for me to do. So it was panic time! I was not smiling. Let me repeat. I was NOT SMILING, in fact, I was screaming profanities that even surprised me. My wonderful PC came running in to see if I was okay and said, sweetie, it is okay. Come with me. He took me to Costco and I purchased my Brand New Beautiful Very Dependable KitchenAid Mixer! It was on sale too so that made me extremely happy too!
Now with new mixer in hand or should I say hands...
...I am a very happy baker once again! We even purchased the grinder attachment to go with our new reliable KitchenAid mixer the next day at a different store. Can we say, Happy? YES!
Boy oh boy, I was lucky with the timing of everything happening. I just made my deadline for the first batch of cookies to give out to the weekly Thursday breakfast guys. Get ready, to see them 'cause you are going to want some of them for yourself. Should have been here then but not to worry, I'm making more at a later time.
All were given out and they all were thrilled! Me too but I think I was a lot more happy than them. We were very successful in bringing smiles to everyone.
We had a very sad telephone call and we were summons to California immediately by our son late night Thursday. His father, GDR, passed away on December 17th, 2009 at 10:30PM from a very unexpected heart attack. May GDR rest in peace.

1 comment:
Toooo cute!!!! Oh we DO have a lot in common!! I am soooo SR and my hubby is certainly PC!!!! :)
Post a Comment