Need a LARGER Picture?

IF AT ANY TIME YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE THE PICTURES AS CLEAR AS YOU WANT, NO WORRIES!

JUST CLICK ONTO THE PICTURE, A POP-UP WINDOW WILL APPEAR WITH A LARGER PICTURE. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THE "PICTURE" FOR THE "X" AND CLICK ONTO THAT.

YOU WILL COME BACK AT OUR BLOG WHERE YOU LEFT OFF.
ENJOY!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Having some fun!

We had some errands to do on Monday, the 14th of November.  When I saw this blow-up in the Lowe's parking lot,  I wanted my picture taken with Frosty the Snowman.  I was having a great time.  Hopefully, Santa will be coming to town in the near future too.

On this Monday morning, one of our errands was to see my doctor to find out what to do about my thyroid and nodules.  We needed to make a decision and we all agreed surgery was the correct path for a healthier life.

The before picture of me at home, the surgery was scheduled on Wednesday Morning, 11/16
I thought my PC could do the surgery with the sword behind me but he decided it would be better if I had the doctors do it instead.  I couldn't convince him to try.  He had ever opportunity too.  LOL!
As you can see, the sword is still in the same place behind me but my throat has been slit.  I'm smiling too.  
 This is Thursday morning, 17th of November.

I did really great with the surgery, okay my doctors and their team did all the work.  All I had to do is sleep!  Everything is out now and my calcium levels were looking good along with everything else.  I was smiling a lot so I was able to come home the next day.  I only had to stay over night, a one-night stay.  My Prince Charming slept over with me too.  I was not alone whatsoever.  PC was at my side the whole time and it was absolutely wonderful.  That is why I was smiling so much.

We are home and my voice sounds funny because of the breathing tube that was down my throat and a little bit to do with the surgery.  I'm not to talk too much which we all know is so difficult for me!  LOL, (laugh out loud - well for you not me!).  So it is pretty quiet around our home.  RARE Time indeed!!!  This is your time to call and hear silence from me or a little strange sound that will make you laugh.  PC will be doing all of the talking, wow, what a change!  LOL again and for me it is LOL silently inside me!

YOU can tell I am feeling great because I'm posting the pictures so quickly too.  I made breakfast for us!  Now you know I'm feeling better.  I'm able to swallow with some discomfort, similar to strep throat and a little restriction on the neck.  I can't lift my neck up to kiss my PC, so he bends down to my level to kiss me...so sweet!  I'm also not allow to do much of anything except walking, a lot of walking right now.  I'm not allowed to lift anything close or more than 10 pounds for two weeks.  Amazing I thought and I couldn't understand the why.  I found out fast.  I picked up my laptop and I felt how the neck muscle work.  Luckily, I put it down fast.  Prince Charming is doing everything for me.  Gee, I wonder how long I can get away with this?  You have to remember, PC has been doing everything most of time for these past two years now because of my strange and difficult situation.  I'm now back for the most part (well in two weeks for sure) and I'm going to get back to doing my share of the workload.  I'm delighted and feeling really great!

PC went to go get all of the medications I must take now because we dropped the prescriptions off as soon as I got out of the hospital.  I didn't need any of them yesterday, the hospital gave me what I needed before I left.  Next week I go back for my post-op results.  Then in a month I go back to check my blood levels for the correct amount of medicine I will be taking for a very very long time, forever.  I plan on living a very long life with my Prince Charming!

Thanks for stopping in to check on us and we will talk soon - LOL!

No comments: