The previous post was funny and we all have to have humor in our lives but when you come down to it, skin cancer is not funny whatsoever. No Cancer is funny or fun.
My damage was done when I was a youngster entering into my teenage years. My Mom should remember when she had to take me to the doctors two years in a row! Yeah, you would have thought I would have learned my lesson the first time. Nope, I was a stupid kid with all of my blonde girlfriends who would be able to tan. Me, I always looked like a lobster. So stupid so many years ago!
August 21st, Sunday the above picture was taken of me. The first phase of medicine on my face was for two full weeks, August 5th through August 19th Friday. I would sit in front of an air conditioner and fan to keep myself as comfortable as possible. I would only go outside when absolutely necessary with a hat and over shirt to keep protected.
The intense heat on my face was no longer under control with air conditioning and a fan. Yeah, I look silly especially when the weather has been in the 90's. I have ice packs on my face and chest. My PC would keep them filled because they were melting fast on me from my internal heat! When they came off, I would use ice bottles. My hands and body were extremely cold that is why I have my snow gloves on and a blanket. The pain pills were not working all that well.
Twice a day I would do a vinegar and water rinse for 10 to 15 minutes on each area. Sounds like it would hurt but no. It relieved a lot of heat and it didn't burn at all. It felt good. But only twice a day.
After the vinegar treatment, I would place my new medicine on while my face was still damp from the vinegar. Then when my medicine would dry completely, I would place the protection ointment on.
In a matter of a few days there was great improvement!
I am continuing with the second phase of my treatment until I go see my doctor again. I must stay out of the sunlight because I'm still raw and healing. I am not taking any more chances besides that, PC will NOT allow me to go outside at all. So I guess with age, some of us stupid kids really do get smarter!
Learn from my mistakes and make sure you take the best care of your skin.
Now for some nice news, my PC is and has been taking great care of me. He is working to make sure I'm feeling good. I have to tell you, he is a wonderful cook. From breakfast, lunch to dinner and lots of liquids for me, my PC (Prince Charming) is a PRINCE CHARMING! I'm so grateful for him and his patience and loving care of me. Thank You, Honey! My PC!


No comments:
Post a Comment