Need a LARGER Picture?

IF AT ANY TIME YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE THE PICTURES AS CLEAR AS YOU WANT, NO WORRIES!

JUST CLICK ONTO THE PICTURE, A POP-UP WINDOW WILL APPEAR WITH A LARGER PICTURE. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER OF THE "PICTURE" FOR THE "X" AND CLICK ONTO THAT.

YOU WILL COME BACK AT OUR BLOG WHERE YOU LEFT OFF.
ENJOY!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Honey doooo's

We've both been having tons of fun making each other even more happy than the day before.

For instance, yesterday I made homemade Apricot Jam and for the first time I dried a dozen apricots just to see if they would come out or not.

I do not have a dehydrator so I did it the old fashion way, the oven on very low temperature. I could have done it in the car (the third way of doing it), but I decided against keeping the car outside in the sun.

My luck, I would need to take off and forget that they were there - I didn't do that! I did the OVEN METHOD.

Our lovely neighbor said "hurry get those apricots before all of the birds eat them!" We made it this year almost on time. Within just two days those same stupid birds who ate our cherries all up ate most of the apricots. To say the least I was upset again! We were able to pick about 6 cups worth of firm apricots. Just enough for one batch of homemade jam! Yes, it turned out yummy. So if you want a taste you must come over to the homestead. The dried apricots came out great but I'm afraid you are too late for those. All gone.

Speaking about the homestead, the top of the roof line is 20 feet high with a very tall ladder up against the side.

Can you tell what might be going on?

You can bet that I will not get up there, that is for sure!!! (and I used to snow ski but I still don't like heights and ladders)









So what is PC doing? Can you tell yet?











Yippee, it is the weather station!

It does temperature, wind speed, wind chill, wind direction, humidity, rainfall and pressure! Oh time and date too!

This is so much fun! Don't get me wrong the installation is not as much fun as the results. Really, who has fun being up so high using the wrong hand to drill, being up so high, and oh, did I say being up so high?


Ta-da! Ring the bell loud! Success!

Installed and working perfectly. By the way, I did help a bit while I was on the GROUND!

Other things we did together, we changed the oil in the ATVs. Yes, I helped and I learned therefore, I might be doing the next oil change with PC's guidance.

What honey doooo's are you doing?

No comments: